As a Quality Assurance Analyst you will be responsible for creating and executing end-to-end test plans for both back-end and front-end applications in order to ensure that they function as expected.
You will also be assessing their performance, reliability, stability, security, and compatibility with other external systems. You will interact with staff to understand business requirements and make sure that the applications you are testing meet them.
Your contribution to something big
- Plan, develop and execute test plans for REST, gRPC and Kafka-based applications throughout the whole software development life cycle (incl. after going to production)
- Help to identify/resolve issues, log incident and defects, and retest fixes
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables (incl. business requirements)
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plans.
- Test databases in SQL and No SQL environments including validating stored data, structure, indices, procedures, etc.
- Test back-end and front-end applications for performance, reliability, stability, security and compatibility with other external systems.
- Test front-end applications on multiple devices (PCs, laptops, tables, mobile phones for both Android & iOS)
- Develop and maintain standards, tools, techniques and processes applicable to testing and documentation
- Provide support to staff and other stakeholders during their preparation for and execution of UAT by staff and clients, as well as when going to production
- Measure the effectiveness and seek to continually improve the quality of processes
- Carrying out other adhoc duties as required
Our ideal teammate has experience with/knowledge in
- Planning & executing test plans in terms of performance, reliability, stability, security, compatibility and etc.
- REST/gRPC/Kafka testing tools (Postman, BloomRPC, Selenium, etc.)
- Troubleshooting software applications, technical documentation & writing
You will get brownie points for
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and REST, gRPC, Kafka, SQL & NoSQL databases
- Basic understanding of programming languages, databases, shell scripting, JIRA, Confluence, Office 365
- An IT related degree qualification
- An understanding of premium finance is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, are essential
- Willingness to serve clients and be empathetic to their needs
- High attention to detail and a keen emphasis on accuracy
- Ability to work to deadlines, along with the flexibility to manage changing priorities and the ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to sustain high level of performance under pressure and remain focused
- Ability to self-motivate, self-manage and work both autonomously and as part of a team